- 4 large baking apples
- 29.58 ml lemon juice
- 236.59 ml apple juice (about)
- 78.07 ml dried currant
- 118.29 ml pure maple syrup
- 0.25 ml ground cloves
- 0.25 ml ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Core apples, remove seeds, peel away a bit of skin, and stuff with currants.
- Set in oven-proof baking dish.
- Combine lemon and apple juice with spices and maple syrup and pour over apples.
- Bake uncovered for about 45 minutes, basting often.
- Serve warm.