Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are so easy and quick!
- 1 cup apple pie filling
- 1⁄4 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1 (15 ounce) package refrigerated pie crusts
- 1 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 4 teaspoons milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Chop pie filling. Stir apple pie spice into chopped pie filling, if desired; set aside.
- Unfold piecrust pressing lightly to remove fold lines; cut into 8 4 1/2-inch circles.
- For each turnover, spoon 2 tablespoons pie filling mixture over half of pastry circle.
- Moisten edges of circle with water; fold the dough over the filling, pressing edges to seal.
- Crimp edges with a fork.
- Place turnovers on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 425°F for 13 to 15 minutes, or until golden.
- Combine powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla, stirring until smooth; drizzle glaze over warm turnovers.
These were excellent and fast! I have also used this recipe with a cherry pie filling and got excellent results. If time is short and you have to come up with something quickly, I highly recommend this recipe.
I used fresh apples to make my own apple pie filling. These were so delicious and easy. Also a good way to use apples that need to be eaten! Thanks for posting, Anne
These were excellent. No one would ever guess how easy they are to make!