Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Apples and cheddar cheese are baked together and the result is great. It can be either a dessert or side dish.
- 1 (12 ounce) packagestouffer's frozen harvest apples, defrosted according to package directions
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup crushed vanilla wafer
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- Mix sugar and flour in a small bowl; slowly stir in orange juice.
- Mix melted butter and vanilla wafer crumbs in a separate small bowl.
- Place apples in a greased 1 quart baking dish.
- Layer sugar mixture, cheese and vanilla wafer crumb mixture over apples.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes or until top is browned.
A wonderful combination! The flavors really compliment each other and it's a wonderful dish for any gathering.