Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 mins
I have a wonderful relationship with Nutella. It's manna from heaven. It's ambrosia straight from the Elysian Fields. It's delicious in cakes, ice creams, spread on bread and licked off a loved one's fingers. I found this recipe on a favorite food blog, Bake or Break. It had the magic word it in: Nutella! The minute I read the blog entry I knew I had to try these out. These are amazingly easy-to-make cookies with a powerful Nutella flavor. You would think that with Nutella in the recipe that would be enough, but noooooooooo! There's also a heavy, heady dose of cocoa in there, so it's chocolate overload. And what's so bad about that? I find it very hard to share these cookies, I really have to love you to let you have one out of my stash.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon almond liqueur
- 1⁄2 cup nutella (like Pralinutta) or 1⁄2 cup chocolate hazelnut spread (like Pralinutta)
- 3 cups rolled oats (don't you dare use instant!)
- In a saucpan, over medium-high heat (don't go too high), combine the butter, milk, sugar and cocoa.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. A wooden spoon (or one of those new silicon thingies) works best.
- Reduce the heat and continue boiling (softly bubbling) for 3 minutes.
- Keep stirring. Don't stop stirring.
- Remove from heat and add the almond liqueur. I've also used chocolate liqueur.
- Add the Nutella and mix well with the wooden spoon (or silicon thingy).
- Add the oats and mix well.
- Very quickly now, drop by the teaspoonfull onto parchment paper. The original recipe calls for wax paper, but I don't use that stuff. I don't even know anyone who uses that stuff.
- Allow the cookies to set.
- Share if you dare.
In my opinion, these were good, but not better than my own no-bake cookies. My BF, however, who hates no-bake cookies loved these and couldn't stop eating them. I think I was just expecting a more Nutella-taste. But I did use dutch process cocoa, so that may have overtaken the Nutella. Still very good and set up perfectly, unlike a lot of no-bake cookies.
anything with Nutella is my friend your description of it is very apt
Though I am a huge fan of Nutella, these cookies were a bit too sweet for me. Prefer the no-bake peanutbutter cookies.