Top Review by Saphira
This was GREAT! I had high quality fresh steaks 1/2" thick and cooked them to done (rather than sear) and loved the reduction/guac combination. Could tell it was good quality tuna (cannot mask it w/ this recipe). It was great as is but for even more variety next time I think I'll use these steaks to make some elegant fish tacos!
- 566.99 g tuna steaks (2 steaks)
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml coriander seed, crushed
- 1.23 ml chili powder (I used Chili Powder That's Smoky and Spicy!)
- 1 lime. juice
- 78.07 ml finely diced onion
- 14.79-29.58 ml olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 59.14 ml golden rum
- 4.92 ml brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all marinade ingredients together.
- Coat the steaks with marinade and cover. Let marinade 1 hour.
- remove the tuna scraping the marinade off. Reserve marinade.
- In a very hot lightly oiled pan sear the tuna steaks 3 minutes each side for a rare center. Do cook longer a well done center.
- Remove, cover set aside.
- Meanwhile in same pan lower heat and stir fry the marinade ingredients for 2 minute, add rum and brown sugar and then simmer for 5 minutes or till completely reduced.
- Slice and serve topped with simmered marinade and guacamole.