Recipe by garymartin
sexy, silky, naughty, fabulous, mmm...
Top Review by Alison J.
I made this for two, but holy cow, it was rich. There's enough sweet, rich, sexiness here to easily serve 4 (but that might compromise the "sexy" factor... depending on what you like!) The only thing my blender did in this recipe was get dirty. After realizing that blending was not going to occur in step 4, I poured everything back into a bowl and used my electric mixers instead (as well as for any "whisking" step) and everything worked out delightfully. I will make this again... and again... and again... :)
- 250 g chocolate (preferably cadburys)
- 2 tablespoons Baileys Irish Cream
- 6 eggs, separated
- 142 ml pot double cream
- 4 tablespoons baileys cream
- 1 tablespoon muscovado sugar
- 1 sprig of fresh mint
Directions See How It's Made
- to start with, melt chocolate in a bowl over a saucepan of boiling hot water.
- once the chocolate has melted, add the baileys & egg yolks & stir thoroughly.
- then, whisk the egg whites until stiff & fold half into the chocolate mixture.
- once you have done this, transfer the chocolate mixture to a blender, add the rest of the egg whites & blend thoroughly.
- afterwards, transfer mixture into wine glasses of some kind & place into the fridge for approx' 3 hours to set. towards the end of the 3 hours, you can start to prepare the topping. do this by whisking the double cream & baileys together until thick & then spoon or pipe the mixture on top of the chocolate mousse. refridgerate for a further 1/2 hour.
- finish off with a light dusting of muscovado sugar & garnish with a sprig of fresh mint -- fabulously divine! --
- this mixture serves about 3 people depending on the size of the glasses!
- if need be, adjust amount of ingredients to suit how many people you are catering for!
- if anyone can think of a better method of making this recipe, please let me know -- appreciated, cheers! -- .