Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
A sinfully delicious cheesecake flavoured with a hint of Bailey's Irish Cream and a twist of chocolate. This cheesecake needs to be made and refrigerated one day in advance. This recipe can easily be doubled or halved with great results. Hope you enjoy!
- 1 cup chocolate Oreo cookie crumbs
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 (8 ounce) packages Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened (i use the lite brand)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup Baileys Irish Cream (you may add more if you like a really strong Irish cream flavour)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 -2 semi-sweet chocolate baking square, melted
- For the crust:.
- Mix all ingredients together and press evenly over bottom of a non stick 8-inch spring form pan and bake at 350ºF for 7-10 minutes. (Bake at 325°F for 7-10 minutes if using dark nonstick springform pan.) Set crust aside and let cool while preparing the filling.
- For the Filling:.
- Beat cream cheese with electic mixer until smooth. (approx. 5 minutes on medium speed).
- Gradually beat in sugar.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing on low speed after each addition just until blended.
- Blend in Baileys and vanilla.
- Pour about 1/3 mixture into a bowl and stir in melted chocolate.
- Pour half of plain mixture into prepared pan.
- Drizzle with half the chocolate mixture. Repeat layers.
- Make a marbled design by gently swirling batter with a knife.
- Bake 7 minutes at 425ºF, then 45 to 60 minutes at 250ºF or until center is almost set.(If using dark nonstick springform pan, bake 7 minutes at 400°F, then 45 to 60 minutes at 250ºF or until center is almost set.
- Run knife or metal spatula around rim of pan to loosen cake; cool before removing rim of pan.
- Refrigerate overnight.
Loved the taste & the crust was perfect but the cheesecake didn't rise enough.