1/1 Photo of Bailey's Creme Brulee
1 hr 5 mins
Lauren in Wisconsin's Note:
This recipe came from a WE-energy book compliments of chef Mark J. Olson, culinary arts instructor in Janesville, Wisconsin.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 quart heavy cream
- 6 ounces bailey's irish cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 12 egg yolks
- 1Combine the heavy cream, Bailey's Irish Cream, vanilla and half the brown sugar in a heavy -bottomed saucepan. Bring just to a simmer.
- 2Combine the egg yolks and rest of sugar in a a bowl. Temper them into the warm cream by adding a little cream to the egg mixture, stirring constantly.
- 3When combined, add a bit more, and so on until warmed through.
- 4When warm, add the entire egg mixture to the cream, and cook just until it begins to thicken. Do not exceed 175 degrees.
- 5Fill custard cups 3/4 full and bake at 325 degree in a water bath until they turn gelatinous.
- 6Remove from water bath and refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
- 7To serve: Sprinkle combined sugar over custard and burn with a torch, or place under a broiler until caramel brown.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bailey's Creme Brulee
Serving Size: 1 (118 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 411.8
- Calories from Fat 300
- Total Fat 33.4 g
- Saturated Fat 19.7 g
- Cholesterol 274.6 mg
- Sodium 42.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 22.2 g
- Protein 4.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: