Recipe by MarieRynr
If you are looking for a 10 minute recipe to serve at a party, here it is. Give it a few spins in the food processor, spread the mixture onto a hollowed out baguette and slice. You can substitute any spread and use the same method, but choose one with a bit of colour so it shows up against the bread. These are delicious.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained
- 12 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 1⁄4 cup coarsely chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon coarsely chopped of fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 baguette
- fresh basil (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Coarsely chop the sun dried tomatoes in a food processor.
- Add the mascarpone and pulse until mixed but not pureed.
- There should still be bits of tomato visible.
- Add the basil, mint,salt and pepper and pluse until just mixed. Do not puree.
- Cut the baguette in half lengthwise and use a spoon to scrape out most of the inside of the bread.
- Fill both sides of the baguette with the mixture and put the halves back together to form a whole loaf again.
- Slice the filled baguette on an angle into 1/2 inch rounds.
- Serve at room temperature on a platter lined with large, fresh basil leaves if desired.
- NOTE: Skip the bread and just fill a bowl with this delicious sun dried tomato mixture.
- Serve as a spread with crackers.
- It's addictive!