Prep 0 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe is one of my Moms'. "I have 3 rice recipes. One from Bobby Flay, one from Emeril and one from Louisiana Entertains. I reviewed them all and decided that each had something to offer me. Bobby Flay used Saffron rice in his-a beautiful color! I thought, however that his combination of flaverings were, how shall I say it, too much. Emeril Legasse came close to what I was looking for but LA. Entertains used a little curry and that appealed to me, so what I ended up doing was using:..."
- 1 (5 ounce) packageof mahatma saffron rice mix
- 2 -3 hard-boiled eggs
- 10 baby carrots
- 3 green onions
- 1⁄2 stalk celery heart
- 1⁄4 red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- salt and pepper
- 3 sprigs Italian parsley
- 1 teaspoon curry
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- Cook the rice according to the directions.
- Chop 2 of the eggs and use one for a garnish.
- Blanch the Carrots and Red Bell Pepper.
- Chop the celery in a processor along with the green onions, parsley and carrots.
- Put together the dressing: Mayo, curry and vinegar.
- Mix together and present in a Blue pottery bowl. The yellow contrast of the rice will make a beautiful presentation. Garnish with slices of the last hardboiled egg,.