Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
If you have never had a roast wrapped in bacon...you are in for a treat...very tasty and very moist...
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Cut a few slits on top of roast to allow bacon to flavour meat.
- Spread mustard evenly all over roast.
- Sprinkle with thyme.
- Place roast in pan and wrap bacon around meat tightly.
- (on top and sides) Bake at 325 degrees for 1 3/4- 2 hours Add onions to roast 40 minutes before finishing time.
- Remove roast from oven to carving board and let sit for 15 min before slicing.
- Serve with onions, bacon slices and gravy-- enjoy.
Just finished this great roast and it was positively delicious! I had a smaller roast, too (about 1-1/2 pounds) so roasted for 1-1/4 hours - perfect! Served with herb roasted potatoes and onions, and broccoli - a great Sunday night dinner! Thanks, BK!
The preparation made for a very flavorful roast. The bacon got nice and crispy by the time the roast was finished. I'm not experienced in making roasts but I always imbed slivered garlic in a roast before I cook it. I did that to this roast and it worked great.
Oh, the flavor of this was just wonderful!!! I had a smaller cut of roast, so it took me only about an hour to cook, and the meat was so tender and juicy. I added some beef broth to the pan juices, then thickened it to make a gravy, and it was just delicious. We had it with mashed garlicky potatoes, and it was a wonderful comfort food meal.