Recipe by Dreamgoddess
I found this recipe on another website and tweaked it to suit my family's tastes. We really enjoyed this recipe and hope you will too!
Top Review by Pot Scrubber
Delicious! Micro the bacon for a minute before wrapping. Delicious! The dipping sauce is essential. Delicious! The cooking directions are perfect for scallops. Delicious! Have I mentioned that this dish is delicious?
- 12 pieces bacon
- 24 scallops, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning, to taste
- 1 teaspoon creole seasoning, to taste
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- If you prefer, the bacon can be pre-cooked for a couple of minutes in the microwave to insure it will be crispy by the time the scallops are done.
- Do not overcook the scallops as they will be rubbery.
- Cut each piece of bacon in half to make 24 pieces.
- Roll a piece of bacon around each scallop and secure on wooden skewers.
- Place scallops on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with Old Bay and creole seasoning.
- Both seasonings contain salt, so don't overdo it!
- Amounts listed are what I used.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 15-18 minutes, or until the scallops are done.
- The bacon should be crispy.
- While the scallops are cooking, combine the ketchup, brown sugar and vinegar in a saucepan to make the dipping sauce.
- Mix well and cook until the sugar is dissolved.
- Serve the scallops with the dipping sauce.