I found this recipe on another website and tweaked it to suit my family's tastes. We really enjoyed this recipe and hope you will too!
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- If you prefer, the bacon can be pre-cooked for a couple of minutes in the microwave to insure it will be crispy by the time the scallops are done.
- Do not overcook the scallops as they will be rubbery.
- Cut each piece of bacon in half to make 24 pieces.
- Roll a piece of bacon around each scallop and secure on wooden skewers.
- Place scallops on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with Old Bay and creole seasoning.
- Both seasonings contain salt, so don't overdo it!
- Amounts listed are what I used.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 15-18 minutes, or until the scallops are done.
- The bacon should be crispy.
- While the scallops are cooking, combine the ketchup, brown sugar and vinegar in a saucepan to make the dipping sauce.
- Mix well and cook until the sugar is dissolved.
- Serve the scallops with the dipping sauce.