Recipe by Stephanie Z.
I saw this on Rachel Ray's 30 minute meals. They are quick and tasty! Great for an appetizer or for a snack while watching your favorite sports team.
Top Review by lcronican
Good, but could use seasoning & Definitely grilled is how I recommend... I did the skillet, and it was too hard to get the bacon to get crispy, without over cooking shrimp. Family liked it a lot, will do again with a few adjustments.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 12 large raw shrimp, deveined
- 1⁄4 fresh pineapple, cut into bite sized chunks drained or 1 (14 ounce) can pineapple chunks in juice, drained
- 6 slices center-cut bacon, cut in 1/2 crosswise
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Holding a shrimp, nest a chunk of pineapple in the natural curve of the shrimp then wrap bacon around the shrimp and pineapple.
- Place with bacon seam side down in heated oil, or you can secure with a wooden toothpick if you like.
- Continue with remaining shrimp, bacon, and pineapple. Cook each for 3 minutes on each side or until bacon is crisp and shrimp are opaque and firm.