Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Quick and easy weeknight dinner.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 250 g bacon
- 1 small zucchini
- 1⁄2 red capsicum
- 1⁄2 red onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1 (425 g) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (425 g) can tomato puree
- salt and pepper, as required
- Slice bacon into 1cm slices.
- Slice zucchini into thin rounds.
- Slice onion and capsicum into lengths (about .5 cm wide).
- Warm the olive oil in a non stick pan and sauté the bacon, zucchini, onion and capsicum until soft.
- Add in the garlic and herbs and sauté for 1 - 2 minutes.
- Add in the tomatoes and puree and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Taste and add salt and pepper if desired.
- Use this on your favourite pasta.