1/2 Photos of Bacon Swiss Lettuce Salad
This is great for picnics and potlucks. It's a salad, but that doesn't mean it's healthy, low fat or low calorie. Guys tend to like this salad. There's just enough bacon and cheese in here to make them forget they're eating lettuce. ;) Prep time does not include cooking the bacon.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 small head iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 1/2 chop thinly sliced onion, purple onion is pretty
- 8 ounces swiss cheese, cut julienne, can also dice
- 12 ounces bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- hard-boiled egg, slices optional for garnish
- 1In a large bowl, toss together lettuce, onion, swiss cheese, bacon and chopped eggs.
- 2In a seperate small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper until smooth.
- 3Pour dressing over the salad mixture; toss well to evenly coat.
- 4If desired, garnish with sliced hb eggs.
- 5Chill until ready to serve.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bacon Swiss Lettuce Salad
Serving Size: 1 (78 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 338.4
- Calories from Fat 257
- Total Fat 28.6 g
- Saturated Fat 10.3 g
- Cholesterol 90.9 mg
- Sodium 526.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 11.8 g