Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is great for picnics and potlucks. It's a salad, but that doesn't mean it's healthy, low fat or low calorie. Guys tend to like this salad. There's just enough bacon and cheese in here to make them forget they're eating lettuce. ;) Prep time does not include cooking the bacon.
- 1 small head iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 1⁄2 chop thinly sliced onion, purple onion is pretty
- 8 ounces swiss cheese, cut julienne, can also dice
- 12 ounces bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- hard-boiled egg, slices optional for garnish
- In a large bowl, toss together lettuce, onion, swiss cheese, bacon and chopped eggs.
- In a seperate small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper until smooth.
- Pour dressing over the salad mixture; toss well to evenly coat.
- If desired, garnish with sliced hb eggs.
- Chill until ready to serve.
Very nice lettuce salad. We loved the swiss cheese and bacon in it. Thanks for this lovely recipe.
This is basically a take-off on the popular 7 layer salad, only with fewer layers and I think the dressing is less sweet than is normally found on a 7 layer salad. This recipe is very good. I would consider making it again.
This is a great recipe. I made and reviewed this for the Make It Healthier tag, I used reduced fat swiss cheese, 8 ounces of regular bacon (we are not fond of turkey bacon and would rather eat less regular bacon), and light mayonnaise. I also eliminated the salt, but we are use to less salt. I also added in 10 cherry tomatoes. Thanks for a great recipe, Parsley:)