Recipe by *Parsley*
This is great for picnics and potlucks. It's a salad, but that doesn't mean it's healthy, low fat or low calorie. Guys tend to like this salad. There's just enough bacon and cheese in here to make them forget they're eating lettuce. ;) Prep time does not include cooking the bacon.
- 1 small head iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 1⁄2 chop thinly sliced onion, purple onion is pretty
- 8 ounces swiss cheese, cut julienne, can also dice
- 12 ounces bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- hard-boiled egg, slices optional for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, toss together lettuce, onion, swiss cheese, bacon and chopped eggs.
- In a seperate small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper until smooth.
- Pour dressing over the salad mixture; toss well to evenly coat.
- If desired, garnish with sliced hb eggs.
- Chill until ready to serve.