Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
Phase 1 Low-Carb Recipes. Better Homes and Gardens. Page 376. 2 Carbs
Make and share this Bacon & Spinach Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 6 cups Baby Spinach
- 1⁄2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 4 slices thick pepper bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon chopped scallion
- 1⁄2 cup oil-and-vinegar dressing
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, quartered
- In a large heatproof bowl combine spinach and mushrooms, set aside.
- For dressing, in a large skillet cook bacon over medium heat until crisp.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove bacon, reserving 1 tbsp drippings in skillet.
- Drain bacon on paper towels, set aside.
- Add scallions to drippings in skillet.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until tender.
- Stir in salad dressing, bring to boiling.
- Drizzle dressing over spinach mixture, toss to coat.
- Divide mixture among 6 dishes or salad plates.
- Top with cooked bacon and hard-cooked eggs.