My husband and I have an omelet or frittata for dinner a lot, this was good. It's easy to prepare.
Make and share this Bacon, Pepper and Potato Frittata recipe from Food.com.
- In a non-stick skillet sauté the bacon until almost crisp.
- Drain the bacon grease. Add the green onions, red pepper, and mushrooms.
- Sauté and stir for approximately 1 minute.
- Add the potato and season with salt and pepper.
- In a separate bowl beat the eggs with the milk.
- Pour the mixture into the pan and top with grated cheese.
- DO NOT stir.
- Cover with a lid and cook on medium low for approximately 20 minutes.
- Serve in wedges topped with a teaspoon of you favorite salsa.
My Husband and I enjoyed this recipe. It was my first frittata and it was delicious. I omitted the green pepper and mushroom and used cheddar cheese. It was crusty and the potatoes were tender. I will be making it again. Thank you for the recipe.
First, this frittata was good, easy to make, and we enjoyed it very much. I had a few problems with the ingredients and directions. The directions say to add a potato but the ingredients do not have a potato listed. I did add half of a large red potato, diced. I cooked mine for 10 minutes on low and it was done ~ any longer and it would burned. I would recommed sticking it under the broiler for a minute or two if needed after cooking on the stove top. I would make this again and I think I would leave the potato completely out as I don't think it added much to the frittata. Otherwise, it's an excellent choice for breakfast, brunch , lunch or dinner!