1/1 Photo of Bacon Herb Roasted Chicken
2 hrs 5 mins
1 hr 45 mins
When I roast a chicken, I like to cut the backbone out and sometimes the breastbone, so that it cooks faster. Potatoes and carrots are roasted along side the chicken, then spinach and beans are stirred into the juices to make a tasty wilted spinach salad to accompany the roast.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Bacon Herb Seasoning
- 1Fry the bacon until crisp, then drain on paper toweling; chop half the bacon and combine with chopped thyme and chopped rosemary, reserving the other half of bacon.
- 2Preheat oven to 350 degrees F; thoroughly rinse off the chicken inside and out.
- 3Place chicken on a cutting board and use kitchen shears to remove the backbone; turn chicken breast up and gently press to flatten somewhat.
- 4Gently ease the skin from the breast and season inside the pocket with salt pepper and 1/4 of the bacon herb seasoning and smooth skin back over the breast; season the entire outside with more salt, pepper, and 1/4 of the seasoning.
- 5Roast the chicken, on a rack, breast side up, placed over a baking dish for 45 minutes.
- 6Remove the rack and place the partially cooked chicken into the baking dish; surround with the carrots and potatoes.
- 7Roast until the chicken is done, internal temperature of 165 degrees F, and the vegetables are tender, about an hour; sprinkle with the remainder of the bacon herb seasoning and tent with foil about 10 minutes.
- 8Push the vegetables and chicken to one side in the pan; place beans and spinach into the other side of the pan and toss gently with chicken juices.
- 9Sprinkle spinach with reserved bacon, broken into pieces.
- 10Cut chicken into 4 pieces and serve with roasted vegetables and warm spinach salad.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bacon Herb Roasted Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (657 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 904.8
- Calories from Fat 424
- Total Fat 47.1 g
- Saturated Fat 13.4 g
- Cholesterol 213.8 mg
- Sodium 330.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.3 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 63.8 g