Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Make these when you're by yourself, because your family will eat them faster than you can make them.
- 1 lb bacon, fried and crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 24 cherry tomatoes
- Combine all the ingredients except the tomatoes.
- Cut a thin slice off the top of each tomato. With a small spoon, hollow out the tomatoes and fill each tomato with bacon filling.
Beware of the time it will take to scoop out the tomatoes! I drained them upside down for awhile before filling them. Had to use the processed cheese spread (comes in a can) due to time constraint with a small piece of parsley, nice-looking appetizer.
These are divine! So easy and takes very little time. Big WOW factor for little effort. Next time I will slice a little off the bottom so that they sit upright. Perfect party food. Amazing! Thanks for posting.
Very Yummy!! I used bacon bits as well, and used finely diced vidalia onion....and added about a teaspoon of dijon mustard. To spruce it up, I placed one piece of shredded carrot as a "cherry stem" on top of each! Will def. try this one again...maybe with some ranch next time. A wonderful recipe to play around with and make it yours.