Recipe by Angelofraa
This may take a little extra work but it is well worth it! For a more kid-friendly version I half the peppers and onions and only add it to half the pizza! For a healthier version use reduced fat crescent rolls, cheese, milk and turkey bacon.
- 2 (8 ounce) cans crescent rolls, Big & Flaky
- 8 eggs
- 1 small onion
- 1 red pepper
- 1 lb bacon
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook off the bacon, crumble and set aside.
- Scramble up and cook the eggs and set aside.
- Unroll crescent rolls onto a jelly roll pan or a cookie sheet with 1” sides and par-bake it for half the time the package calls for.
- Dice and saute the onions and peppers until semi-soft and set aside.
- Melt the butter on low and then blend in flour, salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder.
- Cook on low heat stirring until the mixture is smooth and bubbly. Remove from heat stir in milk and bring to a boil stirring constantly for 1 minute and let stand for a few minutes to thicken.
- Then pour the white sauce mixture over the par-baked crescent roll, top with scrambled eggs, bacon, onions, peppers and both cheeses.
- Bake in oven for the remaining crescent package time or until crust is cooked and cheese is melted. Cut into squares and serve!