2 hrs 30 mins
2 hrs 30 mins
Ready, Set, Cook! Reynolds Wrap Contest Entry. This recipe was inspired from Richard Blais's Top Chef entry of Pizza with Peaches and Sweet Tea. He didn't win that year but he persevered and went on to victory! I was looking for authentic bacon from Georgia to make this more authentic and found that there really was a Bacon County, so the name sort of evolved to Bacon County, Geogia Peachy Pizza. I'll admit I've never been there, but would love to go. Imagine if they liked my pizza! If they didn't, I'd better have my ticket ready to fly home...(Laughing)
My Private Note
10 inch ...
Units: US | Metric
Quick Pizza Sauce
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion (finely chopped )
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 -3 garlic cloves (minced)
- salt (to taste)
- black pepper (to taste)
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 3 cups bread flour, plus
- extra bread flour, for sprinkling
- 1 teaspoon instant yeast
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1/4 cups warm water
- 2 teaspoons coarse kosher sea salt
- 12 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 2 large ripe peaches, peeled, pitted, sliced into 1/4 inch pieces
- 12 slices of applewood smoked bacon (cooked and crumbled)
- 1/2 cup goat cheese
- 1/8 cup cream cheese
- pam nonstick cooking spray (Olive Oil version preferred)
- 2 sheets Reynolds Wrap Foil
- 2A. Combine instant yeast, bread flour, kosher salt in a food processor.
- 3Pulse the ingredients 3 times for 5 seconds for each pulse then stop.
- 4B. Add 1 cup of warm water and 2 Tablespoons oil through the feeding tube and turn on processor for 30 seconds.
- 5Celsius Then add additional water, a little at a time until the mixture becomes a ball. This ball will be slightly sticky to the touch.
- 6D. Turn dough onto floured surface and kneed by hand until dough forms into a smooth, round ball. This step shouldn't take very long.
- 7E. Grease a bowl with 1/2 teaspoon of remaining olive oil and place dough in the bowl. Cover bowl with dough inside using a damp cloth and let rise in a warm area that is free of drafts until dough doubles, approximately 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- 8F. Once risen, roll dough into two 10 inch rounds.
- 101) In a large pot, heat extra virgin olive oil (1 tablespoon) over medium heat, then add red crushed peppers if you elect to use them (to taste) maybe a pinch, then add 2-3 cloves of minced garlic, stirring continuously so that garlic does not burn. Cook until aeromatic which takes about a minute.
- 112) Add chopped medium onion and saute until onion is translucent.
- 123) Add crushed tomatoes and lemon zest and simmer until sauce thickens, which takes about 20 minutes.
- 134) Carefully remove from heat and allow to cool.
- 15Note: You do not need to use all of these cups, however I find it handy to have each topping set aside in its own cup for easier assembly. Do recommend what's best for you.
- 16Fry bacon on both sides until fully cooked and crisp. Once cooked set aside, on towel to drain and crumble. Reserve in a separate cup.
- 17Slice 12 ounces of fresh mozerella into thin slices. Set aside on plate.
- 18In a separate bowl mix cream cheese with goat cheese. Set aside.
- 19Thouroughly wash, peel, pit the ripe peaches. Cut into 1/4 inch slices and set aside.
- 21Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- 22Cut two long sheets of Reynolds Wrap Aluminum Foil. You may fold in half if you wish.
- 23Very lightly spray 2 generous sheets of Reynolds Wrap Aluminum Foil, shiny side with PAM.
- 24Place one pizza dough round in the center of each sheet. There should be enough excess foil to allow you to lift the pizza carefully.
- 25Brush each pizza dough round with olive oil, be sure to brush the edges.
- 26Spread thin layer of sauce on the dough of each pizza allowing for a one inch border all the way around the dough.
- 27Then add mozzarella, spinkle peaches evenly, crumbled bacon, use a spoon to finish the topping with the cream cheese/goat cheese mixture.
- 28Place both pizzas in the oven.
- 29Cook for 12 - 16 minutes. Carefully rotate pizza when time is half way through to allow for even cooking.
- 30Watch for when crust and cheese is lightly golden brown in color. (Carefully watch pizzas to prevent burning) Carefully remove from oven, cut into slices (The PAM on the foil should help prevent sticking).
- 31<Serve and enjoy!>.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bacon County, Georgia Peachy Pizza #RSC
Serving Size: 1 (616 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 970.0
- Calories from Fat 406
- Total Fat 45.1 g
- Saturated Fat 17.8 g
- Cholesterol 101.6 mg
- Sodium 2542.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 100.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.4 g
- Sugars 9.8 g
- Protein 42.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Reynolds Wrap Foil