Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
Tasty comfort food.
Make and share this Bacon Cheeseburger Meatloaf recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 10 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 (8 ounce) package sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs, toasted
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 (3 ounce) can French-fried onions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground chuck and next 8 ingredients, mixing well.
- In a small bowl, combine the ketchup and mustard. Stir 1/4 cup ketchup mixture into meat mixture, reserving remaining ketchup mixture.
- Press meat mixture into a 9 by 5 by 3-inch loaf pan, or shape into a loaf and place on a rack in a broiler pan. Spread remaining ketchup mixture over loaf. Bake 40 minutes. Top with French fried onions; bake another 10 to 15 minutes, or until meat is no longer pink.
YUCK, I did not enjoy the flavor of this one bit. Mine did not even slice into meatloaf but came out of the pan in a mushy mess. I followed the recipe to a tee so not sure what went wrong. Hubby ate it so I gave it 2 stars but he asked me to not make it again. This is not uncommon for a Paula Deen recipe to totally flop. I do think I am done trying her recipes for awhile (nothing against the original poster here)
This sounded so delicious but it just wasn't. It was not comfort food as it didn't stick to the stomach well. I'd recommend using turkey bacon and also browning the ground and draining to reduce the grease. It also needed a kick. I don't think I'd make this again but if anyone wants to try it, add some garlic or onions directly to the ground beef.