Recipe by Loungelizzy
I found this recipe in our local newspaper,The Orlando Sentinel. It looked appetizing and easy, so I gave it a shot. I took these to a family get together and everyone raved. My Father, who hates mushroom wanted to know what all the fuss was about. He finally gave in and tried one, and now he's hooked!
- 24 large mushroom caps
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup diced cooked bacon
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup mayonnaise, about
- garlic seasoning
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- In a large bowl, combine cheeses, bacon, scallions and seasonings.
- Add mayo, 1/2 cup at a time until ingredients bind and mixture is creamy not soupy.
- Spoon mixture into caps and bake until cheese is golden brown, about 10-15 minutes.
- Do not over bake, mushrooms will become soggy.