Original Carrabba's Chicken Bryan (Not Copycat!)
My hometown newspaper (The Orlando Sentinel) finally published this, my favorite chicken dish ever, in their "Thought you'd never ask" column. There are copycats on Zaar, but this is the actual recipe, as given by Carrabba's. Not for the dieter, but a divine dish perfect for company and easy to throw together!
- Ready In:
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- kosher salt, to taste
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- olive oil
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 2 -4 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 4 teaspoons onions, minced
- 4 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 8 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Brush chicken on both sides with olive oil, season to taste with Kosher salt and cracked pepper.
- Grill chicken until done (internal temp of 165F) - prepare lemon butter sauce while chicken is grilling.
- Sautee onion and garlic in 2 Tbps butter until soft and fragrant.
- Add white wine and lemon juice, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 10 minutes to reduce.
- Add remaining 6 Tbsp butter, a little at a time, until it melts and mixture is emulsified.
- Add chopped sun-dried tomatoes and basil, heat until hot (but do not overheat or sauce may break).
- Top nearly-done chicken breasts with 2 oz each of the goat cheese until cheese warms and softens.
- To serve, spoon lemon butter sauce over chicken breasts.
- Enjoy! I serve this dish with pasta tossed in butter or olive oil (the delicious lemon butter sauce will perfect it), garlic mashed potatoes and a green salad -- yummmm!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I am making this again tonight. As close to Carrabbas when I am craving and don't feel like going out. I use chicken broth instead of wine and not as much butter and it's always great. I add as much basil and tomatoes as I have or want! I also add a little cornstarch so it's a little good on consistency. Lemon I go easy on, otherwise too tart, imo. Awesome. Tonight I did McCormicks tomato, basic and garlic packet b/c I wasn't sure if I'd get to store. Still waiting for final dinner done. I will surely let ya all know how that turns out! Sauce made and it is sooo good! Just need goat chz and chix!1Reply