Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
Add a fresh salad to this yummy loaf and you've got a meal!
- 1 loaf garlic bread (1 pound)
- 4 medium tomatoes or 2 large tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped fresh basil leaf (or one tablespoon of dried basil leaves)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 6 slices crisply cooked bacon, crumbled
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Heat bread according to package directions.
- Split loaf lengthwise.
- Place loaf halves, split-side up, onto ungreased baking sheet.
- To assemble sandwich, layer each half evenly with tomato, basil, cheese and bacon.
- Bake for 6 to 8 minutes or until cheese is melted.