Recipe by Kaarin
The original recipe is from the Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board but has been altered some. Other stuffing suggestions are salsa and pepper jack, blue cheese and sauteed red onion, mushroom and swiss (yum!), feta and olives, or smoked provolone and roasted red peppers.
Top Review by mommyoffour
These were good. I will make again, my family enjoyed them very much. Next time I will use sliced cheddar instead of shredded so the cheese will ooze out of the burger with each bite. Thank you for sharing this great summertime treat.
- 2 lbs ground beef (I use venison)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup onion, minced fine
- 9 -10 slices bacon
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 6 hamburger buns
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry bacon until crisp; crumble.
- Combine beef, salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion and shape into 12 large, thin patties.
- Top six patties with 1 tablespoon bacon and 1 tablespoon cheese (this is approximate-use what looks right).
- Place remaining 6 patties on top of cheese/bacon topped patties and press edges to seal.
- Grill or broil for 3-4 minutes per side until done. We like ours well done.
- The last 2 minutes of cooking top patties with remaining bacon and cheese.
- Serve on buns.