Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
A friend invited me to a collaborative dinner and said my task was to bring a cool potato dish. This one fit the bill and was easy to transport!
- 3 lbs yukon gold potatoes
- 1 large onion
- 1 lb bacon
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese, plus
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, for sprinkling
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- Peel and boil potatoes.
- While potatoes cook, cook bacon until well done and crisp.
- Drain and crumble bacon, set aside.
- Dice onion and carmelize in melted butter, set aside.
- When potatoes test done, drain and mash.
- Stir in heavy cream and whip.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Fold in onions, bacon and parmesan cheese.
- Add additional cream if you prefer softer potatoes.
- Turn into a greased casserole dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes in a preheated 350 degree oven.
- Sprinkle with additional parmesan before serving.