Recipe by the_cookie_lady
This is a Rachael Ray recipe that I found in Everyday with Rachael Ray magazine.
- extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling (EVOO)
- 1⁄2 lb smoked bacon, chopped
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 head red cabbage, cored and shredded (1 1/4 lbs)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle amber beer
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh flat leaf parsley (a couple of generous handfuls)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a dutch oven or large, deep skillet, heat a drizzle of EVOO over medium-high heat.
- Add the bacon and cook until crisp, about 5 minutes; remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add the onion to the pan and cook until wilted, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the cabbage, season with salt and pepper and cook, stirring frequently, 7 to 8 minutes.
- Add the beer and reduce for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the honey and cook on low heat until dissolved; simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the parsley and reserved bacon; season to taste.