Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is my Sunday morning treat (sometimes). My grandfather used to make these all the time before he became diabetic. You can probably feel your heart working harder because of all the fat, but these sandwiches are SO GOOD!
- 1 package bacon, fried or baked
- 4 -6 eggs, fried
- 8 pieces bread
- 4 slices cheese (processed or hard)
- strawberries or other fruit jam
- Fry bacon and let rest on paper towels.
- Fry eggs in single servings using 1-2 eggs per serving.
- Toast the bread, then butter each slice.
- Divide toast onto pairs, spread ketchup on one piece and jam on the other.
- Layer bacon on the jam side and place the cheese on the ketchup side, then place cooked egg on the cheese.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on top of the egg, than assemble the sandwich and cut in half.
- Serve warm/hot.
I used grape jelly and I was worried about the ketchup, as I've never really been a ketchup with eggs fan, but this was delicious!! Loved every bite and surprisingly not as messy as I thought it would be! Great little recipe :)
I never would have thought to put jam with ketchup on a bacon and egg sandwich, but curiosity got the better of me. Oh my, my, my! This was delish! I'll never make a bacon and egg sandwich w/o ketchup and jam again.