Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Yum and super easy! (Even my 9 month old enjoys these!)
- 1 (2 sheet) box puff pastry (found in freezer section usually near desserts and frozen doughs)
- 1 (8 ounce) containerphiladelphia chive & onion cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cooked chicken breasts
- 1⁄3 cup cooked crumbled bacon
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- Lay Pastry Puffs out to defrost while you are cooking chicken and bacon.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Warm cream cheese in the microwave for 30 seconds to soften it so it's easier to stir. Place the cream cheese into a mixing bowl with mozzarella cheese, chicken, bacon, and sun-dried tomatoes. Stir well to combine thoroughly and set aside.
- Lightly dust a work surface with flour and roll one sheet at a time into a 12 x 12 inch square. Cut 4, 3 inch strips each direction to make 16 squares, 3 x 3″ each. Cut other pastry puff the same way making a total of 32 squares.
- Place about 2 teaspoons of cream cheese mixture onto each square.
- With your finger, brush a dab of water around the edges of each square and fold over diagonally to make a triangle.
- Press edges together and crimp with a fork to seal.
- After stuffing and folding each pastry, place on a baking sheet. Whisk egg and 1 tablespoon water together and brush over the top of each pastry.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes or until puffed and golden brown.
- Cool 10 minutes before serving. Can also be served at room temperature.
Loved making these little tasties & it was made it even easier because I always have shredded chicken breast in the freezer! And rather thank frying bacon, I used Hormel's Real Bacon Pieces for an even faster prep! Worked great for these pastry pockets, & my guests snatched 'em quickly! I'll certainly be making these again & again! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this fall's round of Pick A Chef]
I couldn't find sun dried tomatoes so I used 4 ounces of the onion cream cheese and 4 ounces of sun dried tomatoes and basil cream cheese. I served them for a party and they fit perfectly in a platter and were easy to make for lots of guests. Definitely will make again