Turkey - Bacon Puff Pastry Pockets
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
From "Teens Cook" by Megan & Jill Carl. My daughter spotted this at a school book fair. She bookmarked a number of recipes, and this is one of the first she tried. Easy, and a success with her older brother as well.
- Ready In:
- 3 slices bacon, thick-sliced
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- 6 slices deli turkey, thin
- 3 slices swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 400. Lightly butter or spray a cookie sheet.
- Place a paper towel on a microwavable plate and lay the bacon slices in the center. Fold the excess paper towel over the bacon and microwave on high for two minutes or until bacon is crisp.
- Unfold the puff pastry and cut it lengthwise into thirds. Cut each piece in half. Place three rectangles on the cookie sheet and place two turkey slices on each piece, leaving 1/4 inch border around the entire edge. Spread a little mustard over the turkey and top with the cheese. Cut the bacon slices in half. Arrange on top of the cheese. Cover with the remaining dough and press on all sides with a fork to seal the edges.
- Bake the pockets for 15-18 minutes, or until golden brown.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION