Apfel Topfen Taschen - Apple and Quark Filled Pastry Pockets
photo by gemini08
- Ready In:
- 1 cup apple pie filling
- 1 cup Quark or 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 reconstituted raisins (optional)
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (8 ounce) package puff pastry
- 2 tablespoons milk
- confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- Thaw the puff pastry, unwrap and cut into 8 equal squares.
- Cream the quark together with the sugar, vanilla extract, egg and drained raisins, if using, fold in the pie filling and stir to combine. If using ricotta, drain first, the mixture should not be runny.
- Put a tablespoon of filling onto each pastry square, pick up the two opposing dough corners first, then the two other corners, press all four together in the center to make a sealed pocket.
- Brush with milk and place on a prepared baking sheet, preheat oven to 3125F and bake until puffed up, golden brown and delicious.
- Let cool slightly, dust with confectioners sugar.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I am originally from Austria, live in Florida since 1977. I love cooking and like to relax by reading cookbooks. <br />I am also a member of a cooking site in Austria and have posted many American and International dishes there. <br /><img src=http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/ZaarNicksMom/PACsticker-Adopted.jpg alt= /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/buddies.jpg alt= /></p>