Recipe by bja.barnes
I found this recipe by accident in an old book and adapted it to be quick and easy. My kids love it so I make it mild for them and spicy for me and my man.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄2 lb finely shredded cabbage
- 1⁄2 lb smoked streaky bacon
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 lb fusilli (or other pasta shape)
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry the onion and garlic in the oil until soft but not coloured.
- Fry bacon until crisp.
- add chili flakes.
- Meanwhile cook pasta according to packet instructions and 5 minutes before it is cooked add the cabbage to the same pan.
- Drain pasta and cabbage and add bacon, onion and chili and Stir to mix.
- Eat and enjoy.