Recipe by Melvin'sWifey
Need another recipe to use up left over cooked chicken? Have a rotisserie chicken left and don't want it to go to waste? Another fabulous but easy recipe off the back of an Albertsons Broth Can. Seriously it can't get any better than this. Kid friendly, comfort food!
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup celery, diced
- 24 ounces chicken broth (about 3 cups)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 cups cooked chicken
- 2 cups cooked wide egg noodles
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrot, partially thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, melt margarine and cook onion and celery 3 minutes until onion is transparent.
- Add broth, salt and pepper, and bring to a boil. Meanwhile, place flour in a small bowl and gradually stir in milk, mixing thoroughly, then stir in egg, mix well, set aside.
- When broth boils, add in cooked chicken and noodles, return to a boil. Gradually stir in flour mixture to thicken and bring to a boil.
- Add partially thawed peas and carrots and stir gently heating thoroughly. Serve hot.