Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is quite yummy. Got this from an Albertsons brand chicken broth can and everyone loves it. Very healthy and very easy. Easy meal served over white rice.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup carrot, sliced
- 1 cup green pepper, diced
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks (drain and reserve juice)
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 14 1⁄2 ounces chicken broth, divided
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- In a medium bowl in this order, mix together sauce ingredients: cornstarch, vinegar, ketchup, chicken broth, brown sugar, and reserved pineapple juice. Set aside.
- Chop chicken into bite sized pieces, and heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add garlic and chicken to hot oil and cook about 5 minutes or until browned.
- Add in carrots and cook 2 more minutes.
- Pour sauce over chicken and bring to a simmer.
- Add in green pepper, pineapple, and return to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes longer, stirring to blend well.
- Serve hot over hot fluffy white rice.
I used 2 carrots and 1 green bell pepper. I didn't measure them. I used near 3 tablespoon of brown sugar cause I didn't want it too sweet. That's perfect. This is very tasty. Thanks Melvin's Wifey :) Made for Holiday Tag.
I work in a group home and made this recipe yesterday for my clients and it was a huge hit. I have one picky eater and I could not believe how well she ate. I think this was the best I have seen her eat in a year! I only had one can of chicken broth but doubled all the rest of the ingredients so I had to add water to the pan inorder to soften the carrots enough as I didn't have a mandolin to make nice even slices. Served with broccoli and brown rice and we had enough for our meal and lunchboxes and not a drop more. I will be making this for the clients again. It was nice to see everyone eat with gusto for a change!! Thanks much! Jonesy
This was EXCELLENT! Great flavor and very easy. The whole family loved it. I wouldn't change a thing.