Recipe by teresaspindel
Every swedish mom gets 2 books about baby food shortly after our babies are 2 month old, and this is the recipe for a birthday cake for the 1st birthday. My baby son loved it as much as his little guests, and the adults loved it as well!
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 15 tablespoons hot water
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- butter, for the form
- breadcrumbs, for the form
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cream
- apples or kiwi or tangerines or bananas or pears or blueberries, strawberries or raspberry puree, without seeds,etc,to garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees celsius (about 350 Farenheit).
- Butter a cake form (about 24 cms diameter: about 9,5 inches) and drop the breadcrumbs on it, shaking and turning the form so it gets evenly coated.
- Shake all the excess.
- Beat eggs and sugar until very fluffy.
- Fold in carefully flour and baking powder.
- Add hot water and mix until just combined (don´t overmix, or the cake will be hard and too dense).
- Drop in the form and bake in the lower shelf of the oven for about 25-30 minutes.
- Check with a stick that the cake is ready: the stick must be dry and clean.
- Take out of the form carefully while still hot, and leave under a towel until cold.
- Beat the cream until very firm, and cover the cake totally.
- Add plenty of fruit in little bits, and/or berries.