Every swedish mom gets 2 books about baby food shortly after our babies are 2 month old, and this is the recipe for a birthday cake for the 1st birthday. My baby son loved it as much as his little guests, and the adults loved it as well!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 175 degrees celsius (about 350 Farenheit).
- 2Butter a cake form (about 24 cms diameter: about 9,5 inches) and drop the breadcrumbs on it, shaking and turning the form so it gets evenly coated.
- 3Shake all the excess.
- 4Beat eggs and sugar until very fluffy.
- 5Fold in carefully flour and baking powder.
- 6Add hot water and mix until just combined (don´t overmix, or the cake will be hard and too dense).
- 7Drop in the form and bake in the lower shelf of the oven for about 25-30 minutes.
- 8Check with a stick that the cake is ready: the stick must be dry and clean.
- 9Take out of the form carefully while still hot, and leave under a towel until cold.
- 10Beat the cream until very firm, and cover the cake totally.
- 11Add plenty of fruit in little bits, and/or berries.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baby's 1st Birthday Cake
Serving Size: 1 (791 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1112.7
- Calories from Fat 427
- Total Fat 47.4 g
- Saturated Fat 26.3 g
- Cholesterol 555.6 mg
- Sodium 549.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 153.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 100.9 g
- Protein 21.6 g