Recipe by LilPinkieJ
Baby Bib Appetizer Recipe from Happy Cookies. This was on the local morning news. It was too cute. Perfect for that baby shower you're about to go to. A little cucumber would be a good addition too.
- 24 slices cheddar cheese (3/4 oz each)
- 6 slices cooked deli ham (1 oz each, oval shaped)
- 1⁄2 cup garlic & herb spreadable cheese (from 6.5 oz container)
- 24 slices rye cocktail bread
- 24 long thin fresh chives
- fresh dill weed
Directions See How It's Made
- With 2 1/2 inch scalloped round cookie cutter, cut 24 rounds from cheese slices. With 1 3/4 inch round cutter, cut 24 rounds of ham (4 rounds can be cut from each ham slice).
- (Save the scraps of cheese and ham and make a nice chef salad for lunch).
- Spoon about 1/2 teaspoon spreadable cheese on center of each bread slice. Place one cheese slice on spreadable cheese on each bread slice; Press down gently. Place 1 ham slice on each cheese slice.
- With same round cutter, cut small half circle from top edge through ham, cheese and bread to form neck of bibs.
- To make tie for each bib, cut each chive in half. Tie 2 chive halves together with knot in center to make and tuck ends under cheese slice on each side of neck cut out. Pipe spreadable cheese to form small rosette on bib, garnish with dill weed.