Babka Gotowana (Cooked Baba)
- Separate eggs and with a mixer combine egg yolks, butter and margarine until pale white and fluffy (around 20 minutes).
- Sift the flour with the starch with the baking powder. Add vodka to the egg/butter mixture and then the sifted flour.
- Whip egg whites and gently fold in .
- Butter and flour a baked pudding tin and pour in the batter. Cover tightly with the lid.
- Place the tin in a big pot and cover with hot water almost to the top of the tin.
- Cook on medium low heat for an hour and ten minutes.
- Take out of the pot and open the lid of the tin. Let cool.
- You can make chocolate ganache and spread it over the top if desired.