Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Get out the fondue pot, and have a ball creating this Mexican fondue dish to please your palate! Great for parties and friends getting together to set around the table and "Do Fondue"!
- 1 (13 ounce) can chicken broth or 1 (13 ounce) can vegetable broth
- 4 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 0.5 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cumin seeds, crushed
- tortilla chips
- corn chips
- pita bread
- ripe olives
- red pepper
- green pepper
- Toss together cheese and flour.
- Heat broth in a 1 1/2 quart saucepan, until bubbles rise.
- Turn heat to med-low, and add cheese and flour blend, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring until cheese is melted after each addition.
- Stir in taco mix, oregano, and crushed cumin seed.
- Transfer to a fondue pot, and serve immediately, along with all your dippers.
My family really enjoyed this. We love Fondue and Mexican flavors, and here they meet. I think it needed more broth, because it was a little too thick for easy dipping. We used Pita bread, bell peppers, olives, and tortilla chips for dippers. Made for Newest Tag Feb. 2008.