Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
These are from my mother in law and they are so yummy and easy to make, perfect for a BBQ or other family gathering because it makes a lot.
- 3 (28 ounce) cansoriginal bush's baked beans
- 1 lb maple sausage
- 1 1⁄2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, & spice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon Accent seasoning
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ***Salt & Spice is made by McCormick***.
- finely chop onion and cook in butter until tender/clear, set aside in bowl.
- Brown sausage and scramble until done, drain and set aside.
- Add beans to pan, onion, and drained sausage.
- Stir together then add all other ingredients except baking soda.
- Allow to heat through and then add soda and stir constantly (it will foam)for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to stand for about 15 minutes, the foaming will stop.
- Either serve immediately or refrigerate.