Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is very versatile and can be modified easily. Use any kind of fruit you like with any kind of pudding you like. Quick, easy, and so yummy! Using sugar-free ingredients makes this a great dessert for dieters! Cooking time is actually Chilling time.
- 1 (2 1/8 ounce) package sugar-free banana cream pudding mix (large box)
- 3 cups cold skim milk
- 1 pint strawberry, washed and sliced
- 4 (1 g) packets Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 large ripe banana, sliced
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 (7 ounce) boxsnackwells sugar-free shortbread cookies (about 18 cookies)
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip Free
- Blend pudding and skim milk according to package directions and set aside.
- Sprinkle strawberry slices with Splenda packets and stir to coat evenly. Set aside.
- Sprinkle lemon juice over banana slices and stir to coat each slice. This stops them from going brown. Set aside.
- Break half the cookies up into small pieces and spread evenly over the bottom of a clear glass baking dish or a clear glass bowl.
- Arrange the strawberry slices evenly over cookie layer.
- Pour half the pudding over strawberries.
- Break up the remaining cookies and sprinkle evenly over pudding.
- Arrange banana slices evenly over cookies.
- Pour remaining pudding evenly over banana slices.
- Spread Cool Whip evenly over pudding.
- Refrigerate at least 20 minutes, or until pudding is set.
- If you like your cookies a little crunchier, eat this sooner. But it can be refrigerated for a few hours, also -- but the cookies will get softer. We like it both ways.
I was wanting to find a nice dessert for mom today as everyone else had chocolate pie. So glad I had saved this. It was more than perfect! I only used 1 small package of pudding as it was for one person. We all had to steal some of her dessert. I just hadn't thought of using the shortbread cookies. They were as good if not better than vanilla wafers. Mom just loved it. Next time it'll be for everyone. I'll be making this often. Thanks for a great recipe.