Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is an amazing entree that even kids will love to eat! It goes great with a nice salad and white rice. I am not sure how much this yields but will guess.
- Season the meat with salt, pepper and garlic.
- Heat half the oil in a pan and fry the meat until browned; remove from pan and keep warm.
- In the same pan, heat the remaining oil and fry the onion, tomato, and yellow pepper with a bit of salt, moving constantly.
- Add the vinegar and water.
- When the mixture settles, return the meat to the pan along with the cilantro. Let it all boil for 3 minutes.
- Add the French fries. Serve with white rice.
This dish is actually called Lomo Saltado. It was my peruvian father in laws favorite when he was alive. When you say to serve it with white rice, it has to be peruvian rice. Americans usually think it is too much with the rice and potatoes but peruvians don't eat ANYTHING without rice. ;)
I've always loved the tang accent a little vinegar can bring to beef and I'm a big fan of fresh cilantro, too. Don't be afriad of the full tablespoon of garlic--it's not overpowering at all. I didn't serve it over rice because I thought rice in addition to potatoes was a bit too much starch for me and also because this didn't veally yield much sauce.