Recipe by Mary Scheffert
This is a great side dish or main course, especially in the summer. Also good for pot lucks!
- 16 ounces pasta (any shape like spirals, shells, elbows, etc)
- 1 green pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 1 medium red onion
- 1 (16 ounce) cansliced large pitted ripe olives, drained
- fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 bottle Italian dressing (I use Wishbone Fat Free)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta until al dente; drain& rinse well under cold running water.
- Let cold pasta drain thoroughly in colander while preparing the remaining ingredients.
- Cut off the tops of the peppers& remove seeds.
- Cut into large bite-size pieces& set aside.
- Cut onion into pieces about the same size as the peppers.
- Combine drained pasta, peppers, onion, olives& mushrooms in a large bowl.
- Pour about 1/2 the bottle of dressing over all, and toss to coat.
- Cover bowl& refrigerate overnight.
- Before serving, pour remaining dressing over the pasta salad, toss thoroughly& serve.
- *NOTE:Other veggies of your choice can be added as well--carrot curls, cut green beans, peas, etc.