Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is the best recipe I've tried so far. Moist and chewy and they disappear in the blink of an eye!
- 3⁄4 cup butter flavor shortening
- 1 1⁄4 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped nuts (*) (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees (350 if using convection).
- Combine shortening, brown sugar, milk, and vanilla in large bowl.
- Beat at medium speed until well blended.
- Beat egg into mixture.
- Combine flour, salt, and baking soda.
- Mix into creamed mixture just until blended.
- Add chocolate chips and nuts and mix.
- Drop rounded teaspoons of dough on ungreased baking sheet about 3 inches apart (I prefer to use a baking stone).
- Bake 8-10 minutes for chewy, 11-13 minutes for crisp cookies.
- Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet then transfer to foil to cool completely.
- *If nuts are used decrease chips to 1 cup.
These are great cookies! They have the texture & appearance of the classic, chewy chocolate chip cookie with the subtly different caramel-y flavor from the exclusive use of brown sugar. I will make this repeatedly, LOL! Thanks for posting Pam!
Finally a recipe where the cookie is crisp on the edges and soft in the center. They baked perfectly in 9-10 minutes for us. I even used them for "Easy Ice Cream Sandwiches" by making them a bit larger. A hit with our family. As a matter of fact I'm eating one now as I have my evening coffee. Thanks for sharing. Tagged in Zaar Cookbook Tag Game
I really liked this recipe. I have tried 3-4 other chocolate chip cookies recipes on this website, but this one is the best. The ingredient portions were right on and the cookies really looked good (and of course tasted delicious). Great recipe!!