Evelyn in KC's Note:
These brownies soothe the most intense chocolate cravings. You can't taste the coffee liqueur; it adds depth and richness. They lend themselves to multiple variations, too! I've added raspberry chips, nuts, etc., all with great success.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt shortening and cocoa together in the microwave or over a double boiler.
- 2In a small bowl, mix flour, baking powder, and salt.
- 3In a large bowl, beat eggs.
- 4Add sugar to eggs and mix.
- 5Add cocoa mixture to egg mixture.
- 6Add vanilla extract and coffee liqueur to cocoa/egg mixture.
- 7Add flour mixture, and stir until mixed.
- 8Pour batter into a greased 9x13 cake pan.
- 9The batter will be thick.
- 10Bake at 350° for 30 minutes.
- 11Do not overbake.
- 12Put brownies on a cool surface, such as a protected countertop, after removing them from the oven so that they do not continue to cook.
- 13Bon appetit!
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Awesome Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (1175 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 205.2
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 35.2 mg
- Sodium 124.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 18.0 g
- Protein 2.4 g