Recipe by Normaone
Terrific with anything grilled, this slaw is easy to prepare, as well as delicious and beautiful. It's great for summer barbecues.
Top Review by Chef Lumiere
Definitely the best "asian slaw" recipe I've tried so far! I took Merron's tip and used tahini in place of the peanut butter and omitted the oil. I also used only 1.5 tbsp of a very dark soy sauce. To serve, I used this as the topping for a rice bowl (with brown rice). Next time I'll make some grilled tofu slices to accompany it, too.
For The Dressing
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 tablespoons rice vinegar
For the Slaw
- 2 carrots, peeled,cut into matchsticks
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded,cut into matchsticks
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded,cut into matchsticks
- 2 cups thinly sliced red cabbage
- 5 cups thinly sliced green cabbage
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cilantro
- 8 green onions, cut into matchsticks
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients.
- This can be made ahead and refrigerated for several days.
- Let stand 30 minutes at room temperature before tossing the slaw.
- In a large bowl, combine the slaw ingredients.
- Add dressing and toss to coat.
- Season and serve.