Asian Cucumber Slaw
photo by I'mPat
- Ready In:
- 1 seedless cucumber, shredded and drained
- 1 cup carrot, shredded (250 ml)
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, diced (125 ml)
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup roasted salted cashews (60 ml)
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- In a medium bowl combine cucumber, carrots, red bell pepper, and onion.
- In another small bowl combine the ingredients for the sesame dressing and whisk together.
- Pour dressing over cucumber mixture and chill until chilled. Add cashews just before serving and toss.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I made the slaw in the morning for tonights tea and when I first tasted I had my doubts but after been well chilled I had another taste and had to refrain myself from eating more to make sure there would be enough for our dinner tonight. Thank you HokiesLady, made for Went To Market. UPDATE - we had this for dinner and 3 of us polished of the lot absolutely delicious, it was the only side we had and honestly think I could have made more and it still would have been eaten.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I'm one of the original members of RecipeZaar and an active member in the old forums. I loved meeting so many wonderful people from across the globe in what were truly amazing forums and during events on the site which encouraged interaction. I miss those forums and am saddened that this is now just another recipe collection site. I will always come back here as I have so many recipes saved of my own and tried many gems. I hope you are able to find something you like.</p>