A serving of this hearty dish is a great chill-chaser on cool fall days.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 lb fully cooked Polish sausage, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1 large onion, halved and sliced
- 8 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium yellow peppers or 1 medium red peppers or 1 medium green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 cup dry lentils, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons chicken broth
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1In a large pot heat oil.
- 2Cook the sausage, onion, mushrooms, pepper strips, and garlic in the oil for 5 minutes or till vegetables are just tender.
- 3Add the water, cabbage, lentils, vinegar, brown sugar, bouillon, and 1/8 tsp.
- 4freshly ground black pepper.
- 5Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
- 6Cover and simmer 15 to 20 minutes or till vegetables and lentils are tender.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Award Sausage Stew Pot
Serving Size: 1 (472 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 507.0
- Calories from Fat 265
- Total Fat 29.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 63.5 mg
- Sodium 817.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.6 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 25.3 g