Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This was our side dish last night, very tasty and the salsa made the dish.
- 2 tablespoons minced red onions
- 2⁄3 cup minced cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup minced parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1 large avocado, cut 18 thin slices
- 1 medium orange, sectioned
- 1 small red onion, sliced into rings
- Combine the onion, cilantro, parsley, oil, lime juice, vinegar, garlic and jalapeño pepper in a small bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- On individual plates, fan out the avocado slices and top with oranges and red onions.
- Spoon salsa on top and serve.
This was a great side dish on a hot summer night. In addition to the avocado my son insisted we serve it over tomatoes from the garden.