Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Some foods are so simple, so easy that they don't even seem worth talking about. But when it comes to avocado toast, it is.. It definitely is.
- 2 slices gluten free bread, sliced thick
- 1 perfectly ripe avocado
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vegan mayonnaise
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch freshly grated black pepper
- 1 pinch lemon juice
- Scoop the avocado out of the skin into a bowl.
- Mash the avocado with a fork (mash well to create a smooth spread, or just a few times for a chunkier version).
- toast your bread to perfection, spreading the vegan mayonnaise first and then the mashed avocado on top of each slice.
- Top with a small pinch of salt and freely ground black pepper.
- ( optional. A small splash of lemon juice).